Hello, my name is Terri and I am an empath. Whew, that was hard to say and put out there, but there it is.
Why was it so hard to say? Because even though I believe 100% in energy from people, animals, the world, etc and how it can be felt, the label “empath” just seemed kinda hokey…like almost egotistical or something. But, after reading, learning, and asking a bunch of questions…I am, indeed, an empath.
So what is an empath? An empath is someone who can pick up on other people’s feelings and emotional state and who is sensitive to the world (and the energy) around them.
There are many traits and characteristics that many empaths share. One is being able to “feel” people. Empaths tend to take on the emotions of those around them and able to tell of a person is happy or sad or saying one thing but meaning another, etc. An empath takes on their energy and just “feels” their mood.
One sort of “check mark” to see if your an empath is if people tell you their problems easily. Do people you hardly know tell you something and follow it up with, “I don’t know why I just told you that”, or “even though I hardly know you well, I feel like I can tell you (insert secret here)”.
- Empaths can become overwhelmed in crowds and often will avoid them because there is so much energy
- Empaths just know stuff without being told It’s a knowing that goes way beyond intuition or gut feelings, even though that is how many would describe the knowing.
- Watching violence, cruelty or tragedy on the TV is unbearable: The more attuned an empath becomes the worse it is and may make it so they eventually have to stop watching TV and reading newspapers altogether.
- Love of nature and animals. Being outdoors in nature is a must for empaths and pets are an essential part of their life.
- Need for solitude:An empath will go stir-crazy if they don’t get quiet time. This is even obvious in empathic children.
- Strives for the truth: This becomes more prevalent when an empath discovers his/her gifts and birthright. Anything untruthful feels plain wrong.
- Always looking for the answers and knowledge To have unanswered questions can be frustrating for an empath and they will endeavour to find an explanation. If they have a knowing about something they will look for confirmation. The downside to this is an information overload.
So I came across the whole emapth thing as I was doing research on frequencies and the world and how we are all just vibrations and I kinda dismissed it.
Like I said, I believe it, it just seemed kinda weird for me to admit…for whatever reason. But the more I read about it, the more I learned about myself and it was like my eyes were finally wide open to understand why I feel the way I do sometimes.
So now, I’m on a cool empath journey trying to learn as much as I can. What’s cool is that in the process I am learning so much about myself and how I navigate through the world.
Like here’s an example:
I was talking to some friends about losing your keys and how one finds them. I was talking about how you just kinda “feel” where they are in the house. Like you walk around the house and you can just tell, “nope, not in this room”. And you just keep walking and you are just kinda “led” to the area by your feelings.
You may not see the keys, but you can feel they are there …you can just sense it..you just know that’s where you have to look. And so you do, and so there they are.
They said they didn’t feel that…they just look kinda randomly until they find them. It was crazy because to me, feeling where things are is how I find stuff…it never occurred to me that that was any other way.
So this got me thinking…if I navigate through this experience differently, what else might I navigate differently? Like what are the other ways I journey through life /experiences through “feeling” alone?
But then I also thought…
Maybe most people find their keys by feelings, and maybe my friends are the ones who think differently…I don’t know. Ooooh, ya know what…., I’d love to know what you think. How do you find things? By pure intuition or is it a more “logical” search? Leave a comment and let me know how you navigate through finding lost items…it’ll be cool to see how that plays out! 😀
So just in the past few days I have been able to understand myself and my emotions more and it has been awesome! I am excited to see where this path leads! Although it still feels kinda weird to me to say I’m an empath, it’s also a freaking awesome release and relief!
I wanted to share this because maybe it will help you understand a little more about yourself. Maybe you will read this and say, “holy crap…that’s why I feel like I feel!” …or maybe you will read it and think, “okay, this girl is crazy”…lol. In any case if it helps anyone just a little, then it was a post worth writing ❤️
So, on that note, I will say thanks for reading and cheers to an awesome day! ✌️
Don’t forget to leave a comment and share how you navigate finding lost items…logic…intuition…combo…? Also I’d love to know your thoughts about empaths…can you relate to any of the characteristics…?