The order came yesterday. We are to “shelter in place” until April 7th.
The order states:
- non-essential businesses in the county to close, residents to shelter in place, and sets limits on travel outside the home.
- Residents may leave their homes only for essential activities such as trips to a grocery store, pharmacy or healthcare facility.
- The order does not prohibit residents from walking, hiking, running or riding a bicycle, provided the social distancing requirement is observed.
- Those who leave their homes for essential business should observe social distancing requirements.
- Only one person per family can go to the grocery store at one time
- Violators will be cited for class C misdemeanors.
So this is what the new normal is for a while. It’s really not that much different than what we were doing before.
The city had already closed all bars, gyms and restaurants. And many stores and shops were already starting to close.
This just makes it all more “official”.
Right now I am just super happy that we can go outside and go hiking. Not sure how long that will last, so I’m going to enjoy it while I can!
On a side note, my mom amd and I took once last trip to the grocery store together before the order set in (since we won’t be able to go at the same time from now on) and I was surprised to see how much food there was!
I was so excited when I saw my organic red delicious apples (oh, how I’ve missed them!) And cheese! And milk! I had taken all of that for granted before this all happened. Of course, still no toilet paper but hey, can’t have it all.
So, there ya have it. Not a long or particularly deep post, just a quick update to let ya know what’s happening here in central Texas with all this coronavirus stuff.
What’s going on in your area? Has your city declared a “shelter in place”?